Tuesday, June 1, 2010

pandemic!

On the weekend I played Pandemic with Thomas and friends Ros and Jarrod. The timing could not have been better as I finish a draft of my report today for a larger project looking at the 'biosociality' of influenza pandemics. The game was fantastic. The virus spread in little coloured blocks all over the board, between cities, as we worked together, Medic, Scientist, Operations Expert and Researcher, to find cures for the disease. As we didn't actually eradicate the virus, it would have been more appropriate if we were finding vaccines, but small detail aside, the game was tense and exciting. Apparently new updates for the game include little petri dishes to store the virus! The game is out of stock at the moment, but as soon as it is reprinted in May/June, I'm ordering one ...


Image of green algae that I embroidered onto a napkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment